I use an iPad Pro as my main work horse.
Using the iPad Pro for work has its pros and cons. Here’s a few of them:
- It’s blazing fast and has iPhone level fluidity
- The ability to use/not use the keyboard adds mobility and flexibility
- Apple Pencil is a joy to use for sketching & notes
- I’m two swipes away from any distracting app (like on the iPhone)
- It’s too fun
After many productivity pitfalls, I’ve developed some good pro-tips to make it harder to have fun on it:
- Turn on Do Not Disturb
- Put it on Silent Mode
- Turn off notifications for specific apps (Twitter, Gmail, etc)
- Move distracting apps away from the main home screen*
* Put them on the 3rd, 4th, 5th pages. More swiping = More work to get to them = Harder to mindlessly open them.
If you’re hardcore, you can use these tips in addition. I currently don’t use these settings on my iPad, but I used to use them on my iPhone**.
- Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size > Reduce White Point > Toggle it on & set to 75% or higher
- Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size > Color Filters > Toggle it on & choose grayscale
** Now, I just keep that sucker off for half the day.
If extreme mode isn’t enough for ya (bless your soul) then you can try this ultimate solution. But I warn you, it’s not for the faint of heart.
- Turn your iPad/iPhone off
- Put it 1-2 closed doors away from you
- Use pen and paper