A big reason why I write everyday is because of physics.
Newton’s first law states: “An object in motion, stays in motion.”
Writing puts me in motion:
- I’m constantly thinking
- I’m learning new ideas
- I’m solidifying old ideas
- I’m sharpening my writing skills
- I’m improving my storytelling
- I’m sharing my writing with the world
- I’m getting responses from readers
- I’m building an audience
All these things propel me towards a better version of myself.
And as long as I keep doing it, I stay on that trajectory of improvement.
My advice for you is to do the same:
Find something that puts you in motion (on a trajectory for self-improvement)
Then, stay in motion.
Watch where you’ll be in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years.